Renown’s Pharmacy Residency Program provides an opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of pharmacy practice areas from ambulatory care to critical care. We currently have PGY1 Pharmacy, PGY2 Critical Care, PGY2 Infectious Diseases, PGY2 Emergency Medicine, and PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency Programs.
By joining the team at Renown Health, you will be working at northern Nevada’s largest healthcare system. Renowned for neurosciences, cardiac, surgical and emergency / trauma care, the hospital provides a complete range of healthcare for patients residing in northern Nevada and nearby areas of California, Idaho and Oregon.
Applying to the Program
- Pharmacy resident candidates at Renown Regional Medical Center are required to possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a pharmacy school accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education.
- PGY1 resident candidates must be a registered pharmacist in Nevada or awaiting results from the NAPLEX in June.
- PGY2 residents must have completed an ASHP accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program and be a registered pharmacist in Nevada prior to their first day of the PGY2 program
- The candidates must possess interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective communication with other healthcare professionals and have the ability to work with general direction from the program director and assigned preceptors.
- As an ASHP-accredited program, all offers for positions are coordinated through the National Matching Service. A letter of intent, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and an official pharmacy school transcript should be received by the Program Director via PhORCAS.
- Candidates from a pass/fail pharmacy school are encouraged to submit their class rank directly to the Residency Program Director or through PhORCAS.
- One letter of recommendation for PGY2 applicants should be from the candidate’s PGY1 Residency Program Director.
- An online Renown Health employment application should be completed after the match results have been published.
The Renown Regional Medical Center employment application can be found at careers.renown.org.
National Matching Service Codes
PGY1 Pharmacy: 198613
PGY2 Critical Care: 648052
PGY2 Infectious Diseases: 668055
PGY2 Emergency Medicine: 602269
PGY2 Ambulatory Care: 602465